Travels With Dick and Judy

Follow us in our trials, triumphs and tribulations, while on the road in our motor home "The Liberty Belle". We chose to forsake the conventional lifestyle in our 3,000+ square-foot home to move into a 40-foot Winnebago Ultimate Freedom. Travel with us as we take you on the road with us in our new lifestyle.
I may grow older, but I'll never grow up!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

10/12/2011
Yesterday was a great day!   Since this is Martha and Lee's last week here, we had them over for dinner.  Martha said she loved Shrimp Creole and Lee said he had never eaten it.  So Judy and I rolled up our sleeves, peeled and deveined a couple of pounds of shrimp and, that evening, we fixed them a "country cajun" dinner.  This isn't what you will normally find in most restaurants.  I like to explain to people that "Cajun" on a menu doesn't mean peppered. It means seasoned and filled with flavor.  You can always add heat at the table via cayenne, Louisiana hot sauce or whatever your poison may be, but don't kill the flavor with pepper and no taste.  We also served smothered green beans with new potatoes and sweet corn.  If I say so myself, it must have been good, because there wasn't much left.  While we visited, I popped the cork on one of my nephew-in-law's first batch of wine and shared it.  It was dryer than my favorites, but a really good rendition of a Chablis. Martha had made a pound cake for dessert, and we topped it with Bluebell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.  Guys, you're gonna miss that Bluebell when you get to Maine, and we're gonna miss you guys!
Martha & Lee, with Dick over the Creole
Sitting down to that cajun meal

No comments:

Post a Comment